Waterford's Art & Antiques Auctioneers is now offering internships in our specialist department. This opportunity is ideal for an undergraduate or post-graduate majoring in art history who is seeking practical experience in the field. Interns will work closely with our specialist to gain a keen understanding of the processes by which an auction comes together.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with researching, handling, labeling and cataloguing consignments of fine and decorative arts from Asia, Europe and America
- Assisting with photographing lots and photo editing for print and web catalogues
- Assisting with PR opportunities, which may include contacting trade publications, creating email blasts, and contributing to the design of advertisements (if knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite softwares like Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator)
- Assisting with organizing the items for display for auction previews
- Assisting with condition reports and client correspondence preceding an auction
- Attending our on-site auctions available to international buyers through online bidding platforms including Invaluable, Liveauctioneers and our own website
- The right candidate for this position will have knowledge or practical experience in the arts and art history, have strong research abilities and an ability to quickly learn new information and adapt to new software. Candidates should be polished and professional as they will be working with clients and consignors. Flexibility and the ability to work well in a team environment are a must, as work will be varied and fast-paced.
How to Apply:
Send resume and a one-page cover letter explaining why you are best suited for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Specialist Internship" in the subject line. No phone calls please.